Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sa Jollibee...

Ever since I was a small child and have opened up my mind in welcoming new things in life, there are a lot of places that became part of me while growing up. Some of them have been forgotten but most remain. Especially those places where we used to go to before these Megamalls of SM & Enchanted Kingdom showed up. I can still remember how my eyes glowed whenever I heard my mom talked about going to C.O.D. or Fiesta Carnival in Cubao. Or going to Luneta Park & CCP along Roxas Boulevard, passing by Star City for an evening of fun & rides. But there is one place that has not been affected by the change of time, stood its tests and had brought smile to me, and is bringing that same smile to my kids, just by the mere mention of it. "...Sa Jollibee., sigurado kang sa Jollibee?!!.." A famous line from a famous commercial of this Fastfood Chain that has become part of our lives. Jollibee. "Sa'n nyo gustong kumain pagkatapos magsimba?", I asked my two daughters. "Gusto nyo sa Chowking?". "Ayoko ko po dun", answered tin, my sosyal-but-friendly eldest. "Sa Jollibee na lang po!" followed tel, my naughty-but-sweet daughter. So, we went immediately to the only branch we have in Gumaca & spent couple of hours sinking our teeth to the crunchy and juicy Chickenjoy and the sweet Jolly Spaghetti. Yum!. This is the Video I took from one of our visits to the ever infamous Jollibee. I am sure we all have our own stories how this Red-colored Filipino Fastfood Chain, having a red Bee as a mascot, has brought smiles to our children's faces and ours too. Who could forget Jollibee, Mr. Yum, Popo, Ms. Chickie, Hetty, Lady Moo and...care to add more? They have been and will always be part of our lives. A part of the little child in each of us..."I love you Sabado, kahit buong linggo!!!"

1 comment:

  1. yes! i love you sabado!!!

    my friend was talking to her son:

    mom: baby, be a good boy at the church ok? if you don't behave, i won't take you to jollibee.

    son: yes, mommy.... (thinks for a bit) so if i don't behave, can we go to chowking instead?

    ReplyDelete

My Angels