Saturday, June 27, 2009

Gimikz...


For us working & living in a place where there are so many restrictions & rules that limits our capability to enjoy & unwind in ways we are used to, we still, somehow, find other means to take the heat off our heads. No cinemas, no bars, liquors are banned, can not easily go out w/ a mixture of friends and restaurants are closed at 12 noon. For the locals, this is an ideal world for them. For us, it's one hell of a world we have to get used to. And so far, we are doing good. With these restrictions, we have to find other ways to get out & release the stresses we bear inside. I have several friends here, and when I say "friends", I mean those who have gained my trust, and we usually go out and play basketball twice a week, in the evening, or go fishing and raid the beach every weekends or just simply go out for dinner. Pizza Hut, Applebees, Chili's, Pizza Company to name a few. Well, there are also McDo, KFC, Hardees, Herfy's and several others more. Whatever the place may be, the important thing is the feeling you get with every laugh & every smile shared with them. All the jokes and the teasing, as well as the rumors, incomparable. The laughter & smiles are real. Enough to forget the exhausting & tiring day we had earlier. In a society like this, you need all the things that you can have and do whatever you can just to "stay alive". For me, living miles away from my family, one of the important things I possess and helps me pull through, everyday, are my wacky but dependable friends. I don't think I have any other choice but to stick w/ them. Heheheh. With that, let me introduce..."The Dabarkadz"...wehhh...



1 comment:

  1. ang hirap pala... i have something to cheer you up! i have an award for you sa blog ko!

    ReplyDelete

My Angels