Monday, June 15, 2009

Hail to the Purple & Gold!!!

I woke up 3:30 early this morning. I reached for my touch phone & with one eye shut, I clicked on the Web option. I wanted to know the status of Game 5 of the NBA finals @ the Amway Arena in Orlando. As the webpage of Yahoo Sports slowly showed up on the screen, I had a feeling already that the Series will be over very soon. L.A. will take this one. So I clicked "Sports" and then "NBA". 6:48 remaining in the first quarter and the Magic was up 7 or 8 points, I could not clearly recall. I thought "nah, it's only the first period, a lot of things can still happen. The Lakers will thread the needle & end up victorious". So, with my eyes half open, I exited the page and went back to sleep. I again woke up around 6. This should be it. This is the right time to confirm my belief. I went on the Web again and alas!; The article read : "Lakers close out Magic for 15th Title".

The score was 99-86. The Lakers got their 15th NBA Title. Yahooooo!!!!!!!! Finally, it was over. Whew!!! No Game 6. Orlando is never going back to L.A. and try to tie the series. IT IS OVER. After a year of following their every game, checking the Sports page every morning on my desktop, after every YouTube video of the Lakers' games, it finally has been done. Mission Accomplished for the hardcourt soldiers of the purple & gold, led by the redeemed black mamba, the best closer in basketball, No. 24, Kobe Bryant. This is his 4th Title overall and the 1st one without Big Daddy Shaq. Everything finally paid off. At last, Kobe got out of the shadow of No. 34. This One is rightfully his. Now it is time for a celebration. Congratulations to all the Lakers fans! Kobe & the gang made sure that this one will not get away. It did not. This will be one for the record books, the cherry on top of the icing on the cake. The disappointment of last year's NBA Finals was put to rest. Redemption. Sweet. Kuddos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Angels