Monday, July 18, 2016

FREE VERSE

The days have been vague lately
Questions linger in my mind
Never been this hard on myself
Asking what the hell is happening

The page of the past had turned
You don't want to talk about it
But things need to be answered
My mind's dropping in to the abyss

I admit that I made a mistake
Years ago when I turned away
I left the tears streaming down
The pain I caused was immense

Then I realized that my heart yearns
For a love that I left behind
I came back seeking for forgiveness
Repentance for all of my sins

But the ghost of the past stayed
Haunting me every time I come close
I can't reach out to you anymore
Each time I do I get pushed away

Never felt this low in my life
Was said to be selfish and numb
All I wanted was to be understood
That this heart of mine does bleed


I want to get away from the pain
But my feet seem to be fixed

I can't escape the truth from within
You still hold my whole being

My weakness shouts your name
Like a crippled man with a cane
I wish I am strong as you are
Encased inside a hard shell

It hurts the way you ignore me
As if I have not such existence
Telling myself that I deserve this
But there's only so much I can take

I left things broken before
Did my best to make amends
But the pain that I feel now
Has shattered myself deep

The cry for help is deafening
It just goes with the wind
Still hoping you'd hear and feel
Amidst the atrocity I call your name


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Angels